Use the resources in this section to learn more about owning and operating PEVs.
- Online Tool Tracks Electric Vehicle Purchases: The California Center for Sustainable Energy (CCSE) released an online tool that shows details of EV purchasing trends based on rebates awarded by the statewide Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP).
- DriveClean: A guide for zero and near-zero emission vehicles from the California Air Resources Board
- Department of Energy (DOE): Alternative Fuels & Advanced Vehicle Data Center: Provides information and resources on alternative fuels (as defined by the Energy Policy Act of 1992) and other petroleum reduction options such as advanced vehicles, fuel blends, idle reduction, and fuel economy
- Department of Energy resources:
- Plugging In – A Consumer’s Guide to the Electric Vehicle: From the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI)
- Electric Auto Association (EAA): A not-for-profit educational, support, and advocacy group that promotes electric vehicles. In the Bay Area, there are three local chapters:
- Plug In America: A non-profit coalition of RAV4-EV drivers, former lessees of Honda EV+, GM EV1, Ford Ranger, Ford Th!nk City and other electric cars, and advocates of energy independence and clean air.
Resources provided on this site are for informational purposes only and inclusion does not constitute approval by the Bay Area Air Quality Management District.